Play out on two screens?

Play out on two screens?

Author
wafflingwilson
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (2.1K reputation)Forum Sage (2.1K reputation)Forum Sage (2.1K reputation)Forum Sage (2.1K reputation)Forum Sage (2.1K reputation)Forum Sage (2.1K reputation)Forum Sage (2.1K reputation)Forum Sage (2.1K reputation)Forum Sage (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi there,

I've recently extended my monitors to include a third - but I can;t seem to get my myriad software to stretch between two of them without disconnecting the third.

Can someone please advise me, thanks

Ian
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (157K reputation)Forum Sage (157K reputation)Forum Sage (157K reputation)Forum Sage (157K reputation)Forum Sage (157K reputation)Forum Sage (157K reputation)Forum Sage (157K reputation)Forum Sage (157K reputation)Forum Sage (157K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Ian, 
V4 and before only really supported up to 2 screens (though I have a recollection that some versions might have put the notes window on a 3rd)

If you're using v5 though, then it supports as many screens as you have, and you can choose what to show on them. 

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

wafflingwilson
wafflingwilson
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (2.1K reputation)Forum Sage (2.1K reputation)Forum Sage (2.1K reputation)Forum Sage (2.1K reputation)Forum Sage (2.1K reputation)Forum Sage (2.1K reputation)Forum Sage (2.1K reputation)Forum Sage (2.1K reputation)Forum Sage (2.1K reputation)

Peter Jarrett - Sunday, May 13, 2018 9:09:55 PM
Hi Ian, 
V4 and before only really supported up to 2 screens (though I have a recollection that some versions might have put the notes window on a 3rd)

If you're using v5 though, then it supports as many screens as you have, and you can choose what to show on them. 

Thanks Peter - very helpful

I am guessing that v5 would mean a price increase? I'm currently on version4
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (157K reputation)Forum Sage (157K reputation)Forum Sage (157K reputation)Forum Sage (157K reputation)Forum Sage (157K reputation)Forum Sage (157K reputation)Forum Sage (157K reputation)Forum Sage (157K reputation)Forum Sage (157K reputation)

It depends on how you purchased - if you on Total Subscription then no charge at all Smile

If you drop hello@broadcastradio.com a line they can get back to you with the fine details.

Cheers,

------------
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

wafflingwilson
wafflingwilson
Forum Sage

Peter Jarrett - Wednesday, May 16, 2018 10:26:42 AM
It depends on how you purchased - if you on Total Subscription then no charge at all Smile

If you drop hello@broadcastradio.com a line they can get back to you with the fine details.

Cheers,

I'm waiting for my license to come through to fully use v5 but can you move the TABbed sections around onto different screens?

Also when v5 boots up in always goes to my third monitor and not my main monitor - is there a way to change this?

Thanks

Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage

Tab moving: Absolutely, the layouts are fully configurable - if you have a look on the Layouts menu there is already 10 or so prebuilt ones, and you can create your own by creating and editing Layout files in the "C:\ProgramData\BroadcastRadio\Profiles\Profile1\Myriad v5\Layouts" folder

By default Myriad goes to the screen that windows tells it is identified as number "1" - but you can change this by putting /screen= and /maxscreens= on the command line - so you could try /screen=2 or /screen=3 and that should move it over Smile

------------
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

wafflingwilson
wafflingwilson
Forum Sage

Peter Jarrett - Tuesday, May 22, 2018 9:07:10 AM
Tab moving: Absolutely, the layouts are fully configurable - if you have a look on the Layouts menu there is already 10 or so prebuilt ones, and you can create your own by creating and editing Layout files in the "C:\ProgramData\BroadcastRadio\Profiles\Profile1\Myriad v5\Layouts" folder

By default Myriad goes to the screen that windows tells it is identified as number "1" - but you can change this by putting /screen= and /maxscreens= on the command line - so you could try /screen=2 or /screen=3 and that should move it over Smile

It actually goes onto Screen 3 as default - I've checked by putting the identify up from the display settings in windows - where is the command line.

Also, the layout folders have xml files in them - how do you edit those?
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search