Autotrack V3.6 "Not Responding" during send to playout

Autotrack V3.6 "Not Responding" during send to playout

Author
ChrisPMelvin
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Apologies for the Title.  We're running Autotrack V3.1.53 & Myriad 3.6

Hi All!

We've had an issue for the last few months of when sending a playlist to autotrack the task progress bar pops up and when it gets to "current task - Removing from Myriad Station Database" it freezes with the entire of autotrack going to the classic windows greyed out "Not Responding".

Sometimes it fixes itself and continues to put the playout out but sometimes it doesn't.

I was wondering if this could be diagnosed as a network issue between the server and our scheduling PC or something more serious??  

Cheers

Chris

Xtreme Radio Head of Engineering 2013-2014
XtremeRadio.org
Edited
10 Years Ago by ChrisPMelvin
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Chris,

Might be worth turning off the option in Database Settings to upgrade the Song and link information in the Myriad library as well - this can often take a long time, and unless you actually have a lot of new content that's been added to AutoTrack is not usually worth it doing every time.

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

ChrisPMelvin
ChrisPMelvin
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)

Freezes up straight away on "validating database".  Then after about 30 seconds it unlocks, goes onto opening Database & locks up again for 30 seconds and then freezes up at the same position of "removing from myriad station database".  I'm going to leave it for half an hour and come back.

I am migrating the entire system to a set of new PCs over easter so hopefully most of these issues will be solved.

XtremeRadio.org
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
It might just be that the databases need a Compact/Repair - you may find that sorts it out Smile

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

ChrisPMelvin
ChrisPMelvin
Forum Sage

Tried that.  Still being a pain.

May be due to heavy traffic on the network we connect through.

I'll try doing it this evening to see if it helps.

XtremeRadio.org
Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)

Hi Chris, We've had this problem for years, since our database started increasing in size, here's what I do:

Send to schedule, leave the studio empty and make sure no one enters it just in case they touch the pc that is scheduling,
come back into the studio in around 45 minutes, then everything has sorted itself and scheduled nicely.

that way you don't have to watch the non responding wheel spinning which can cause concern, what you don't see can't worry you.

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

Adam James
Adam James
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)

Chris,

I find if I close all instances of the Myriad suite on the computers then send schedule it does it in a matter of seconds! Before we upgraded our network to a gig it was painfully slow but now it is much quicker even if I don't close Myriad down first.

Adam
Seaside Hospital Radio
Jonathan Penn
Jonathan Penn
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (5.8K reputation)Forum Sage (5.8K reputation)Forum Sage (5.8K reputation)Forum Sage (5.8K reputation)Forum Sage (5.8K reputation)Forum Sage (5.8K reputation)Forum Sage (5.8K reputation)Forum Sage (5.8K reputation)Forum Sage (5.8K reputation)

Sounds very much like a corruption within the Myriad database to me. If you are in a support contract feel free to email a copy to support@psquared.net and I will take a look at it for you. Of course if you are out of support feel free to send it anyway but there are charges for support items that are out of contract.

Jonathan Penn

Broadcast Radio Support Engineer
Craig Arthur
Craig Arthur
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)

I always used to run it as a scheduled task overnight, that way no one was anywhere near the PC to touch it.

Documentation to do it is here.
http://support.psquared.net/products/AutoTrack/v3.1/Public/Documentation/Automatic-Scheduling-Using-AutoTrack-Command-Line-Options-And-Task-Scheduler.pdf

Craig Arthur

Engineering & IT Manager
Radio Royal, Royal 2 & Royal Gold.
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search