Starting a specific cart in the log......

Starting a specific cart in the log......

Author
Paul YHBS
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (6K reputation)Forum Sage (6K reputation)Forum Sage (6K reputation)Forum Sage (6K reputation)Forum Sage (6K reputation)Forum Sage (6K reputation)Forum Sage (6K reputation)Forum Sage (6K reputation)Forum Sage (6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I would like to play a specific item from the audio wall, then have the correct hour log loaded, start the log at the correct point in time, then have the log carry on and finish at the correct time for the news to be fired at the top of the hour. I'd like to do this from the PCI1750 card so a remote OB can trigger the specific item at the end of the OB, then have the 24 hour automation carry on. 

So...the OB finishes, a command is sent from the OB to the 1750 card,  the " Thank you to the OB team from the XYZ Arena" Cart is played, then the correct hour log starts at the correct point and continues until the news at the top of the hour. The OB might end in any hour, so the correct hour log needs loading. Would the log need to be stopped during the OB to make this easier?  

Any ideas how to do this? 

I realise there might be a difficulty if the OB ends very close to the end of an hour.

Many thanks

Paul
York HR
Edited
10 Years Ago by Paul YHBS
David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Paul,

there's a lot of cool things that can be done with the Myriad Command Language, have a look at the following document(s):

Version 3 http://support.psquared.net/products/Myriad/v3.5/Public/Documentation/Command%20Reference%20v3.5.rtf

Version 4 http://www.psquared.net/media/18728/macro_command_reference_v4.0.rtf

You can certainly have a command attached to a cart, and in the hardware manager you can have Myriad fire a particular cart from a closing contact on the hardware card.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
Paul YHBS
Paul YHBS
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (6K reputation)Forum Sage (6K reputation)Forum Sage (6K reputation)Forum Sage (6K reputation)Forum Sage (6K reputation)Forum Sage (6K reputation)Forum Sage (6K reputation)Forum Sage (6K reputation)Forum Sage (6K reputation)

Hi,

Thanks for this David, sounds promising. Where do I start to write Myraid commands? Do I put them in a batch file and then run that? I'm a bit stuck on getting started with the Myriad Command Language.

Thanks

Paul
York HR
David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)

Hi Paul,

sorry I have been away from the office.

You write the scripts inside Myriad itself, goto the Settings Menu>Myriad Settings>Edit Commands

That's where you create the Command Script that you can then assign to a cart or programme into the log.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
Paul YHBS
Paul YHBS
Forum Sage

Hi,

Thanks for the info, I have had limited success.

I can fire a cart from a hardware line, but when I try to stop the LOG, nothing happens. I created a command called 'STOP LOG', the command instruction is 'LOG/STANDBY'. I assigned the command 'STOP LOG' to a hardware line, but nothing happens. If I create a command 'START LOG' using 'LOG GO' as the instruction this works from a hardware line if the log is waiting for the GO button to be pressed. Does the LOG need to be in a particular mode before it will respond to the STANDBY instruction?

Is there a way of testing ('firing') commands without assigning to a hardware line so I could test in a PC without a hardware card fitted?

Thanks

Paul
York HR
David Boulton
David Boulton

Hi Paul,

yes you can assign commands to carts, so you could create a 1 second silent cart, assign your command to it and then when you double click on it to play it, it will also fire the command (you can assign it in the advanced settings in SmoothEdit).

it's been a while since I have used the v3 commands, so bare with me.

inside your command called "Stop Log" you'll want the following:

LOG MODE STANDBY
Therefore once the hardware line triggers the command, it will take the log out of the current playout mode, putting it into standby, the currently playing audio will continue until they end.

if you want it to immediately kill the current audio, the next line should have:
LOG DUMPCURRENT

inside your command called "Start Log" you'll want the following:

LOG VIEW HOME
This will jump the log to "Now", this is safest, as you might have had several hours since the stop, and you need to make sure the log starts again in the current hour or you could have all sorts of timing issues.

LOG MODE HOURMODE
This changes the log to the running state in whatever mode it was scheduled (if it's always going to fire the commend when you are unattended, it might be better to force it to be an Autofade mode LOG MODE AUTOFADE).

LOG GO
This starts the log.

Does that make sense?

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
Paul YHBS
Paul YHBS
Forum Sage

Hi,

Yes this makes sense, I see what I was missing now, I'll give it a try in the next couple of days.

Thanks
Paul
York HR
Paul YHBS
Paul YHBS
Forum Sage

Hi,

Well I'm still missing something! Using Myriad v3.5.17

I created the commands ok. Then I opened a Cart in SmoothEdit. On the General Tab I can see the Commands drop down list and all the commands I created are listed. I chose one of the commands (I created a command to play a specific cart in Player 2), then saved the cart. When I play this cart in Player 1, I expected it play my 'commanded' cart in player 2, but nothing happens. How do you assign a command in a Cart, and how do you assign it to specific part of the cart (Intro, Extro etc)?

Thanks again!

Paul
York HR
Edited
David Boulton
David Boulton

Hi Paul,

first of all - wow what an old version of Myriad you are on (16th December 2010)!

You should really get yourself onto the latest version of v3 - which is v3.6.6:

http://www.psquared.net/technical-support/product-support/myriad-support/downloads.aspx

As you can see from the link - the last version was released in April 2012 - and i'm sure that the Command Script language was being developed all the time - so some of those commands I linked to in the earlier document, may not be in your version.

In v3 you can only assign a command to an entire cart.

In v4 you can assign commands to all the timing markers:

Entire Cart
Intro Start
Intro Mid
Intro End
Hook Start
Hook End
Extro

Version 4 will be a chargeable upgrade, contact us directly on sales@psquared.net for a quote.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
Paul YHBS
Paul YHBS
Forum Sage

Hi,

I am enquiring about an upgrade to v4. 

In the mean time could you just complete how to assign a command to an entire Cart in our version? Then I shall leave it there.

Many thanks for your help so far.

Regards

Paul

York HR
Edited
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password: