Ripping Tracks - AutoTrack Pro 4.0.17 - Track doesn't import and selections are incorrect

Ripping Tracks - AutoTrack Pro 4.0.17 - Track doesn't import and...

Author
showbizshane
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I have an issue ripping tracks within Autotrack v4.0.17.  I am trying to import a Meat Loaf CD using the below process:-

1/ Carts -> Import audio into new carts
2/ Import Audio Wizard -> Next
3/ Rip Audio tracks from CD
4/ (Using free.db.org) for Titles -> Select 'All'
5/ The title bar at this stage after selecting 'All' shows '9 items (1 selected) however all boxes are ticked'
6/ Next
7/ Automatically assign a cart number in sequence -> 50000 (Our Ripping area)
8/ Import the item directly in to the AutoTrack database -> NEXT
9/ Trim Into -> NEXT
10/ Import Audio summary shows 9 tracks
11/ When it starts to rip the process looks like it completes and before the next track is started is says finished and no track is imported to either the Audiowall or Database.

I have used Myriad Manager to clear all carts from 50396-51999 as this is where Meat Loaf should have imported as the next empty cart.

Using the above process and selecting 50396 to start from in 7/ the ripping process appears to work.

To confirm "Automatically assign a cart number in sequence" does not work.

Please also see the attached screen shots with selection issues
Attachments
One selected.JPG (263 views, 69.00 KB)
John Drake
John Drake
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
The caption in the Import Wizard window reads "9 items (1 selected)."

The 9 items are the number of items that are CHECKED or TICKED.

The 1 selected is the number of items that are SELECTED or HIGHLIGHTED.

Granted, the unselection using the Ctrl and left mouse button does not update the caption, but as you have described it it appears to be correct.

As far as we are aware there are no outstanding issues with the "Automatically assign a cart number in sequence" feature.

John
Development Team
Broadcast Radio

showbizshane
showbizshane
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)

If you try the following the wizard will exit early not ripping all tracks.

My ripping area is 50000

I ticked all tracks to be ripped but didn't tick to automatically over-write carts, as that is not what I want.  My understanding is that if you choose to rip from 50000 and a cart exists it should skip the cart and find the next blank cart.  During ripping the wizard will exit and not complete all tracks to ripped.  In some cases it looks like it's ripping but doesn't write a track if it fails on the 1st track.

If you do the above but select a blank area not containing any carts with the same settings it will complete for all tracks that are ripped.
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)

hi Shane,

We can't recreate this here at all - can you run the "Only show Carts with Timing Discrepancies, or have not been seen before" Audio Report from Myriad Manager over that range to see if there are some MYRXXXXX audio files that have somehow become lost from the Audiowall that might be tripping it up?

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)

(Incidentally it's normal to see some carts in there with minor length changes, especially if you have come up through the Myriad version numbers from v2-3-4 etc. - the key bit we're interested in is whether it reports any that are in that range that should be blank)

------------
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

showbizshane
showbizshane
Forum Sage

Peter I have submitted this as a support ticket with screen grabs, logs and my current DB along with the Windows PSR.

Many thanks
Shane
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage

The advice above stands, i'll send more info over on the support ticket.

------------
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search