After a huge
amount of work, we are very
pleased to announce that Myriad v4.0.9 Beta Version is now available as a Public Beta!!
We are today making the following products available for you to evaluate:
- Myriad Playout v4.0
- Myriad AutoTrack Pro v4.0
- Myriad AudioWall AutoImporter v4.0
(We are planning on releasing the usual supporting products like Advert Manager, Remote Voice Tracking etc. over the next few weeks ) IMPORTANT: Before you download and install, please make sure you follow these steps:
1) You will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org
to request Evaluation License codes for each of the products you want to evaluate. You will also need a Database Enabler Code if you want to use Myriad AutoTrack Pro. You will also need a download Username and Password to access the downloads.
2) You will need to be running Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2 somewhere on your network as Myriad v4.0 uses SQL to store the Station Database (and optionally the Contacts and Users Directory) - see notes below about SQL Server - see http://forum.psquared.net/6244/Installing-and-Configuring-Microsoft-SQL-Server-for-Myriad-v4
for more information.
3) Because Myriad v4.0 shares many of it's Configuration settings with Myriad v3, you should NOT run Myriad v4 on the same PC as Myriad v3 - otherwise your Myriad v3 will suddenly start wanting to access a SQL Server and this was only available in the Myriad v3.6 Enterprise Edition product.
4) This is a BETA product (meaning it may contain issues that cause Myriad to misbehave and is NOT supported by P Squared Technical Support) , you are of course welcome to try it out "on-air", but given the huge number of changes between this and earlier versions of Myriad we strongly recommend against this!
We are very keen to hear your feedback on this product, so we have created 2 discussion areas on these forums. The Myriad v4 Discussion Forum
is for discussions about the basic installation and operation of Myriad v4 as well as operational questions about Myriad Playout, AutoImporter and the other Supporting products, whilst the Myriad AutoTrack v4 Discussion Forums
is for discussions questions and issues relating to Myriad AutoTrack specific queries such as getting the best from the new features and options in AutoTrack.
It is available now to download from http://www.psquared.net/technical-support/product-support/myriad-support/myriad-4-beta-support.aspx - also available via the Myriad v4 Launch Center on the main P Squared Website.Over the next few days we will be publishing more information about the new features in Myriad Playout and Myriad AutoTrack as well as some information to help you get up and running with SQL Server Installations.SQL Server Information:There are many different types and editions of SQL Server, but Myriad v4.0 has only been tested on Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 and we strongly recommend you use this version. The good news is that Microsoft produce a free edition of MS SQL Server called SQL Server Express and this is available free of charge to all Windows Users. We will be posting more information on installing and configuring SQL Server Express shortly, but you can start downloading it from http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=23650For more information about installing and configuring SQL Server for Myriad, please see http://forum.psquared.net/6244/Installing-and-Configuring-Microsoft-SQL-Server-for-Myriad-v4
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.
Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness