Myriad 4

Myriad 4

Author
Mark Carney
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (23K reputation)Forum Sage (23K reputation)Forum Sage (23K reputation)Forum Sage (23K reputation)Forum Sage (23K reputation)Forum Sage (23K reputation)Forum Sage (23K reputation)Forum Sage (23K reputation)Forum Sage (23K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Have one question for you Peter if I may and that is with regard to the new database, can you confirm that it will import all previous settings into the new version, by this I mean things like intro and extro markers plus additional note information?

Thought I would ask as there is nothing mentioning this so far and given all the hours of work we have invested in setting these up I would hate to see that it would all need to be re done!

Regards
Mark Carney
Chief Executive & Technical Advisor
Digital Hits Network Limited

Digital Hits One
Home of the Big Hits ...
Online . DAB . 104.4fm
www.digitalhits.one
Liam Burke
Liam Burke
P Squared Employee
P Squared Employee (94K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi. 

I can confirm that all v3 data can be imported or in the case of the Audio Wall, is natively compatible. So nothing to worry about. 

Liam Burke - Broadcast Radio Ltd

Email: liamb@broadcastradio.com

Telephone: +44 1482 383700
erewashsound
erewashsound
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)

Thats great news Liam and good of you to bring it up Mark. I take it when you say that all v3 data will import, that includes AutoTrack as well? Another question, will we need full blown SQL Server or will SQL Express be fine ?

Dan
Liam Burke
Liam Burke
P Squared Employee
P Squared Employee (94K reputation)

Hi. 

Yes AutoTrack Db can be imported although there is significantly more in AutoTrack Pro 4. 

We have not finalised AutoTrack Standard features yet but there will be an import. 

Any version of Microsoft SQL will be fine including SQL express (but maybe not compact edition). SQL express is free and is what we have been using on laptops for testing and also on the demo we did at the HBA conference. We have also been testing against the more fully featured SQL editions to prove real time replication between sites so it does offer full enterprise scalability. But SQL express does provide a great free entry level platform. 

Liam Burke - Broadcast Radio Ltd

Email: liamb@broadcastradio.com

Telephone: +44 1482 383700
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)

Hi All,

Just a bit more information for you about databases and settings etc.

Almost all of the main "Myriad Settings", "Audio Settings" and "Global Audiowall Settings" in Myriad Playout v4 are shared with Myriad v3.6 - in fact changing them in one will change them in the other - The exception being any 'new' settings that weren't present in Myriad v3.6 of course!

In terms of the databases and the AudioWall, as Liam noted, they are either used natively (for example the AudioWall, which can still be shared even back to v3.0 products), or there is an Import process (such as the AutoTrack v3.1 database which is Imported into Myriad AutoTrack v4). This also imports all of your AutoTrack Category names, Characteristics etc. and all relevant settings from the AutoTrack Database Settings window.

The sole exception is the actual Log Database from v3.6. This is not imported or upgraded because Myriad Playout v4.0 now runs with the new common database format that shared between Playout and AutoTrack. Also, because of quite a few changes to the way things work 'underneath' we also don't import the main "Station Database Settings" from Myriad v3, so once you do get up and running you should then go through the Myriad Playout Station Database Settings window to make sure that it's setup the way you need it. We've found that the vast majority of users just use the 'default' settings though so it's unlikely that you find a lot of ones that you need to change Smile

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

erewashsound
erewashsound
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)

Great thanks for that background Peter and also thanks for answering my queston Liam. Just waiting for the news were all waiting for, where we get the beta Tongue
Craig Arthur
Craig Arthur
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)

What he said above... The geek in me wants a play with a shiny new toy :-)

Craig Arthur

Engineering & IT Manager
Radio Royal, Royal 2 & Royal Gold.
Iainshr
Iainshr
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)

Peter / Liam,

As I said at the HBA conference when we saw you demonstrating it - I am keen to try version 4 out as a beta too!

Iain

Iain Lee - Scunthorpe Hospital Radio
glenmitch
glenmitch
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)

Big question. With the new layout & dashboard will you still have the setting for myriad to treat 1 large monitor as 2 sep monitors?

also with move to SQL how will this effect remote voice tracking, will this still perform as it does now?

Glen Mitchell
Systems Manager
Hot Radio
Poole & Bournemouth
glen.mitchell@hot1028.com

Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)

Hi Glen,

Yes we still have the dual on a single screen setting, and it "should" work fine with the dashboard (i'll admit we haven't specifically checked that option yet!)

RVT still works exactly the same way as before - it's just that the Remote Edit Server now talks to SQL Server instead of to the Jet Database Engine (which in turn talks to the files) - other than that change it behaves and works the same way as before.

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search