RVT 3.6.2 not allowing users to login

RVT 3.6.2 not allowing users to login

Author
Mark Carney
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi,

Well now really frustrated and pulling my hair out "Opps it's already all gone" I have just completed a full system wide hardware replacement program on 11 servers which went without out a problem except for this one. All Studio servers are happily talking to the data server including Autotrack Pro, Nexus etc.

My issue is that on the hardware server running OCP and RVT server (Software) our users are unable to gain access to Myriad?

Now I have done all the obvious checking regarding Firewalls, tried program Compatibility IE: WinXP/Vista/Win7, Port forwarding which we know is working due to the error being reported and the log within RVT. The error we are getting is:

Login Authentication Failed!
Your username/password are not valid.

Now as said within RVT server window you can see the users trying to login:

Command accepted on port 6942 from "their IP"
User "their name" atempt to login failed: 1024
Command Connection Closed

So any bright ideas on what to look for would be a great help as I am either being very stupid with something regarding configuration which has slipped my mind or I have a bigger issue. Although I would not normally check the following from within RVT server when going into:

Settings / Myriad Settings / Station Database it is set to "Do not open a Station Database when loading Myriad"

also when checking Settings /Directory Settings / Security Groups it only has "All Users" ? all other programs show the groups I have setup so wondered if this is the reason for the login failure.

So what are we using:

Myriad Suite 3.6.2
Dell 19" rack servers running duel Intel 3.4 processors and twin 1GB Ethernets
Server 2008 R2 SP1 fully updated (Yes I know this is 64bit) this is the version build around Windows 7

I have fully tested the above proir to deployment to ensure we had no issue with hardware or any of the Myriad programs we use, but yes you are right I forgot all about RVT and so now am at a total loss especially as I know PSquared to not officially support 64bit systems "YET".

So any helpful ideas you could come up with will be great. Unfortunatly due to a very sever series of electrical spikes three weeks ago our original equipment is beyond use, even destroyed one of our UPS! seem there was an issue with one of the local transformers at the sub station when switching according to the electrical board, went off four times within an hour.

I look forward to anyone thoughts on this as some of our presenters are not happy with me at the moment as they cannot login!

Regards
Mark Carney
Chief Executive & Technical Advisor
Digital Hits Network Limited

Digital Hits One
Home of the Big Hits ...
Online . DAB . 104.4fm
www.digitalhits.one
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Mark,

1024 means invalid username - so the username itself can't be found in the Directory. My first guess would be to check to make sure you have definitely pointed your Remote Edit Server (RES) config to the correct folder location - obviously it wants to be the same as Myriad etc. so your user accounts are shared across all apps.

Hope that helps

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)

Try checking your  users have permission to access RVT, unless the bug has been fixed in the new version of autotrak,
you need to allow acces via myriad manager.
I had the same problem, when we first used RVT, I only ever use autotrak to add contacts etc and even though you tick the box to allow access,
it doesnt get stored and authorised unless you tick the same access box in myriad manager.

could be something simple like that, good luck !

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

Mark Carney
Mark Carney
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply, I have set all servers to point to my Mapped M drive which then points to PSquared directory containing the following sub directories Audiowall Directory Files Log Myriad Nexus Scoop and the files Directory.ldb Directory.MDB so for me this is correct as all other servers and Myriad software happily talks to the directory just RES seems to have issues?

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply also, I had rechecked the permission myself within Myriad Manager to ensure nothing was lost regarding the permissions within the Contact / Settings / Security Groups / Contact's Permissions these all appear correct with Station Database Permissions having Can remotely edit the Scheduled Log being ticked.

I myself am not so sure about RES itself with regards to when checking Settings /Directory Settings / Security Groups it only has "All Users" ? all other programs show the groups I have setup so wondered if this is the reason for the login failure.

Regards
Mark Carney

Digital Hits One
Home of the Big Hits ...
Online . DAB . 104.4fm
www.digitalhits.one
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
HI Mark,

If the groups are missing from the RES display it would suggest that it may well be looking at the wrong location.

I hate to suggest the obvious (though god knows I've failed to check those myself enough times!) but just double check the M: drive is mapped to the same location as the others and you haven't accidentally mapped it to a folder one level higher or lower so you have ended up in the wrong folder.

I guess one way to double check would be on one of the working computers to navigate to the folder that it's Directory is pointing at and drop a file called test.txt in and see if it appears when you look using the RES computer - if not then they must be different :-)

After that, the next thing to try would be to map the Directory using UNC's instead of a drive mapping - this then rules out any errors there.

Personally I always prefer UNCs over drive mappings as it solves the problem of someone accidentally removing the mapping - though I actually usually map a drive letter as well just so that humans can easily find the same folders to drop files in etc.

Good luck

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

Mark Carney
Mark Carney
Forum Sage

Hi Peter,

I have now UNC'ed the servers and added a UNC folder within Computer so that both local drives and a short cut to PSquared the drive on our Dataserver is accessible locally to drop files into. I have altered the location structure of the programs to point to, 

audio files \\Pulsedataserver\g\PSquared\AudioWall

data location \\Pulsedataserver\g\PSquared\Myriad

database location \\Pulsedataserver\g\PSquared\

directory settings \\Pulsedataserver\g\PSquared\Directory and within Myriad clicking the Security Groups it shows all 6 we use plus the All Users default however within RES this still only shows All Users only?

I am at a total loss as to why this seem to not see the users.

Within OCP3 on the same server the:

audio files \\Pulsedataserver\g\PSquared\AudioWall

data location \\Pulsedataserver\g\PSquared\Myriad

show as above and all works as expected with studios happily sending information and taking control correctly.

Regards
Mark Carney

Digital Hits One
Home of the Big Hits ...
Online . DAB . 104.4fm
www.digitalhits.one
Mark Carney
Mark Carney
Forum Sage

Well stone me, I have just de licensed and reinstalled RES again and its working like a charm?

Have not done anything different to originally done with the exception of the UNC directory location so maybe the original Map Drives had caused some form of error and then changing to UNC caused some sort of glue record which would not clear even after a program restart necessitating a full uninstall and reinstallation which I had only done before as a Map Drive scenario.

Well not sure what to say but thanks Perter your UNC was definitely the correct course of action, only wished I had used it form the start.

Regards
Mark Carney

Digital Hits One
Home of the Big Hits ...
Online . DAB . 104.4fm
www.digitalhits.one
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account