Why do i need to set an "Intro Start"?

Why do i need to set an "Intro Start"?

Author
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Myriad has for a number of years included the ability to embed Sweepers or dry links into the "Intro" of songs or any other audio.

Most of the time the "Intro Start" will not need to be set, as the Intro starts at the start of the song, however there is the occasional song that starts with a bit of singing or speech, then you have the Intro, then they start singing. This is sometimes known as a "Doughnut" because you talk in the hole in the middle.

In this case you will set the "Intro Start" after this initial vocal, so any embedded item will fit into the gap and not crash over it.

I have attached a small diagram so you can see what happens in the 2 different sweeper modes available in Q-NXT.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd

Edited
18 Years Ago by Richard Payne
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password: