Why don't my adverts show up in my Q-NXT log?

Why don't my adverts show up in my Q-NXT log?

Author
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
This is assuming you have have \"run the orange\" to actually try importing the advert breaks into the Q-NXT Log BigGrin

This usually happens in commercial radio if either programming or the traffic dept change the \"reference\" times that advert breaks are being scheduled/imported and don't tell the other dept.

AutoTrack users when inserting advert break entries into their Clocks/Running Orders give each ad break a \"reference\" time - say XX:20 and third party scheduler users (i.e. Powergold/selector) do the same with the \"BREAK XX:20\" text note.

This is imported into Q-NXT as an \"Unscheduled Advert Break\" with a reference time of 20 minutes past the current hour - i.e. in a 9am hour, the reference time is therefore 09:20.

Each advert in the advert log also contains a reference time. For example this advert log line is for the 09:25 break:

09:25:00| | 1003|PEPPERAMI Hokey Kokey2 | 20|20021009090000002

The key bit is the first field (this may only be 09:25 on some systems)

If the two don't match up then the Log Importer can't find an unscheduled break to put the break into.

In the example above, the Advert Log Importer (the orange) looks through the log file processing each break in turn. When it comes across each break (in this case the 09:25 break) it then looks through the q-nxt log for a matching Unscheduled Advert Break with a Reference time of 09:25 .

Becuase our Q-NXT log only has a break at 09:20 it therefore won't find one and won't import the ads into the break.

The solution is to either re-schedule your ads with the same times as the Q-NXT log, or unschedule the music log and again re-schedule with the same times as the advert log.

Simple Smile

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search