Auto-generate \"listen again\" audio files for web

Auto-generate \"listen again\" audio files for web

Author
AlexHeylin
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (1.5K reputation)Forum Sage (1.5K reputation)Forum Sage (1.5K reputation)Forum Sage (1.5K reputation)Forum Sage (1.5K reputation)Forum Sage (1.5K reputation)Forum Sage (1.5K reputation)Forum Sage (1.5K reputation)Forum Sage (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I would like to use powerlog's logs as a source for a set of scripts to automagically generate audio files for some of our shows.

If I set PL to use a 60 min log file instead of the usual 1 min one - how will this affect PL?

How can I be sure it will rollover exactly on the top of the hour (at show-change)?

Is there a script or util in PL that can collate all the logs between x and y time and concatenate them into a single WAV file ready for further processing?

Can this functionality be added in next release? It's VERY similiar to what PL does already... I just want it to make show length (usually an hour) MP3/WMA files, name them and put them in a folder ready to upload etc.

Thanks
Richard Payne
Richard Payne
Ex-Product Development Engineer of P Squared Ltd.
Ex-Product Development Engineer of P Squared Ltd. (34K reputation)Ex-Product Development Engineer of P Squared Ltd. (34K reputation)Ex-Product Development Engineer of P Squared Ltd. (34K reputation)Ex-Product Development Engineer of P Squared Ltd. (34K reputation)Ex-Product Development Engineer of P Squared Ltd. (34K reputation)Ex-Product Development Engineer of P Squared Ltd. (34K reputation)Ex-Product Development Engineer of P Squared Ltd. (34K reputation)Ex-Product Development Engineer of P Squared Ltd. (34K reputation)Ex-Product Development Engineer of P Squared Ltd. (34K reputation)

If I set PL to use a 60 min log file instead of the usual 1 min one - how will this affect PL?

You will have to wait until the each hour has finished before you will be able to access it in client. With 1 min segments you are only ever 1 min behind real time with the client.

How can I be sure it will rollover exactly on the top of the hour (at show-change)?

You would have to ensure that the PC clock is synchronised with the clocks in the studio. Do a forum search for articles about time syncing PCs.

Is there a script or util in PL that can collate all the logs between x and y time and concatenate them into a single WAV file ready for further processing?

Can this functionality be added in next release? It's VERY similiar to what PL does already... I just want it to make show length (usually an hour) MP3/WMA files, name them and put them in a folder ready to upload etc.

This is not something that v3 can do. It is however a planned feature for v4. Also, v3 can not handle anything other than wav files. This is another limitation that v4 addresses.

Of course, if you go with 1 hour segments then you already have your shows in separate wav files and you could automate a command line encoder to convert to another audio format. There are many free ones out there including Windows Media Encoder.
AlexHeylin
AlexHeylin
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (1.5K reputation)Forum Sage (1.5K reputation)Forum Sage (1.5K reputation)Forum Sage (1.5K reputation)Forum Sage (1.5K reputation)Forum Sage (1.5K reputation)Forum Sage (1.5K reputation)Forum Sage (1.5K reputation)Forum Sage (1.5K reputation)

Thanks Richard, that's about what I thought. Do you have an estimated release date for v4?
AlexHeylin
AlexHeylin
Forum Sage

Other major suggestion - run the server as a service not an application and make the current \"server\" a GUI for the service instead of an application that does the work - then machine won't need to be left logged in etc...
Richard Payne
Richard Payne
Ex-Product Development Engineer of P Squared Ltd. (34K reputation)Ex-Product Development Engineer of P Squared Ltd. (34K reputation)Ex-Product Development Engineer of P Squared Ltd. (34K reputation)Ex-Product Development Engineer of P Squared Ltd. (34K reputation)Ex-Product Development Engineer of P Squared Ltd. (34K reputation)Ex-Product Development Engineer of P Squared Ltd. (34K reputation)Ex-Product Development Engineer of P Squared Ltd. (34K reputation)Ex-Product Development Engineer of P Squared Ltd. (34K reputation)Ex-Product Development Engineer of P Squared Ltd. (34K reputation)

[quote:00edbaf568=\"AlexHeylin\"]Thanks Richard, that's about what I thought. Do you have an estimated release date for v4?[/quote]
We're hoping for the end of this month.
Richard Payne
Richard Payne

[quote:58f721a5b9=\"AlexHeylin\"]Other major suggestion - run the server as a service not an application and make the current \"server\" a GUI for the service instead of an application that does the work - then machine won't need to be left logged in etc...[/quote]
This is something that we have already been considering for some time. However, due to limitations in the langauge that we use, writing services is not practical. Basically it would require a complete re-write of a lot of our baseline code (such as SmoothStream).

This will definitely not be happening for v4. Maybe for v5.... Smile
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search